OAPSOR offers five membership categories:
- Regular Members (Voting) Any person, firm or corporation whose primary business is to provide the service of retrieval and filing of public records. A minimum of two years experience is required and evidence of Errors and Omissions Insurance.
- Employee Members (Voting) Any person employed in a firm or corporation with one year of work experience in the retrieval and filing of public records and have been granted a law clerk certificate/diploma by an Ontario educational institution approved by the Board or three consecutive years related work experience within the last five years. Employer reference letter required.
- Associate Members (Non-Voting) Any person, firm or corporation whose primary business is not substantially involved in the business of retrieval/filing of public records, but who has a business relationship with a Regular Member.
- Student Members (Non-Voting) Any person or firm presently undergoing or graduated from a law clerk program or course approved by the Board. Proof of completion of qualified course or evidence of currently undergoing course and letter of reference from a teacher or employer must accompany the application.
- Law Firm / In-house Legal Members (Non-Voting) Any law firm or corporation containing in-house departments whose primary function is to provide the service of retrieval and filing of public records. Searchers of Public Records within these firms must work under the supervision of a lawyer. Due to professional liability insurance requirements, evidence of errors and omissions insurance is not required.